Monday, June 2, 2008

One Night Stand

Extreme!

One Night Stand is all about being XTREME!
Xtreme rules
Xtreme wrestlers
Xtreme dissapointment

Its so xtreme we had to take the "E" off!

Normally I don't get to watch the PPV's because I'm broke, but I say fuck it. I went for it and overall I enjoyed it, tho each match had one thing that made it just short of being great

-Jeff vs. Umaga was fun. I enjoyed (and even cringed a tad) at the end spot, but besides that and the rail slide there wasn't much more to the match.
-I actually didnt have a problem with the singapore cane match (outside of Tommy Dreamer. I mean seriously, let him get at least a minor push. He's a jobber....in crappy pants). Lot of respect for Show on this one. I'm not a hundred percent sure if it was a gig or if he actually cut himself on the steps. If its the latter than he definitely used it well. Once the blood hit he changed demeanor and went to town. He may not always be the best wrestler, but he is one of the few big & still entertaining ones
-JBL's first blood looked like he was spitting molasses. I was hoping for a bloody face or something. Show had more blood that that. I felt a little like a cop out.
-Womens match...nine times out of ten thats all you need to say. This was one of the nine.
- I enjoyed the stretcher match, but what was with the Jericho run ins. It was confusing and there was no pay off. AND IT HAPPENED TWICE!
-Sadly the LMS match was forced to be cut short due to injury. I don't know for sure but a mix of Triple H constantly breaking Randy's ten count and Randy getting close to smacking a fan makes me feel that he wasn't supposed to lose that match. Thank god there is a draft, cause if he's out for a bit I dont feel JBL will fill his heel spot.
-This one just upsets me cause yes, I'm a mark. I absolutely loved it, but I just wanted Taker to win. Seriously, I know this isn't the end but its gonna be a bitch to find the loop hole. Once again the draft saves us, cause we now need a good face for edge.

This isn't to say I was unhappy. I really had a good time. Plus this PPV brought three of my friends (who normally tear wrestling apart, specially since they are stage combat people) into interest. I love turning the unsuspecting.

No comments: